(Source: B2B Buyer Survey)
Inbound marketing with content generates, nurtures and converts more high-quality sales leads for less than traditional outbound marketing tactics. Outbound marketing tactics such as direct mail, telemarketing and trade journal ads have become ineffective because industrial buyers are finding ways to tune out these interruptive marketing messages both behaviorally and technologically.
What is inbound marketing?
- Inbound marketing is a strategy for earning the attention of your prospects by being found in search engines, attracting interested visitors to your website and converting that traffic into qualified sales leads
- Content is the fuel that drives the inbound marketing engine
How does inbound marketing affect industrial sales?
46% of industrial professionals spend 6+ hours/week online for work related purposes (Source: GlobalSpec Economic Outlook Survey). This shift in buyer behavior requires you to adjust your marketing strategies and tactics to reach your target audience. Your online marketing content must closely match the needs of the site visitor’s interests, decision-making role and the stage of his/her buying cycle. It’s not about you. It’s about your customers. Address their WIIFM needs with engaging content. One-size-fits-all content won’t cut it in inbound marketing.
Inbound marketing does more, costs less
Every industrial company wants to generate more leads for less and that’s exactly what inbound marketing with content delivers. Some of the main advantages are:
- Costs Less – no need to buy ad space, pay list rental fees or tradeshow booth rentals and travel expenses
- Lower risks – able to measure effectiveness of online content and quickly refine campaigns to improve conversions
- Increases reach – the Internet allows you to reach bigger/newer markets that are not limited by circulation numbers or attendees from within a geographic area
- Better targeting – marketing content is customer-centric and pulls in more site visitors who are predisposed positively toward your message
- Maximizes ROI – delivers exponentially greater number of prospects who receive your low-cost, low-risk, high-impact messages that have an indefinite shelf-life
- More referrals – inbound content marketing combined with social media marketing delivers more online word-of-mouth referrals
How can we help you with inbound marketing?
You can choose from one of two paths:
Do it Yourself (DiY) Inbound Marketing
- You are knowledgeable about inbound and digital marketing
- You have in-house resources to create content and implement ongoing inbound marketing tactics
- You need occasional help with strategy and/or executing tasks that require special skills
Get started by selecting one or more of our inbound marketing services:
Do it for Me (Di4M) Inbound Marketing
- You prefer to have an outside expert create an inbound marketing strategy and implement a proven lead generation system
- You want to focus on converting opportunities into wins and let someone else take care of meshing the various moving parts
- You want easy to understand reports to help you make proactive marketing and business decisions
Let’s get started. Start by filling out our short online form to schedule a FREE 30-minute consultation to determine if we are a good fit.