Print & Digital Industrial Marketing
Manufacturer of pre-engineered metal buildings and building components implements an integrated industrial marketing strategy to generate sales of $70 million
SBS is an IAS AC472 accredited manufacturer of pre-engineered metal buildings, steel framing systems and building components. They retained us from day one to handle their marketing and they are still our client as they celebrate their 10 Year Anniversary in 2015. SBS is one of the fastest growing metal building and component manufacturers in the country.
Challenge: SBS, founded in 2005, was new to the industry that is dominated by a few well-known companies. The challenge was to position the company in its unique niche when larger competitors were consolidating, growing bigger and often less personal when dealing with customers.
Solution: Our solution—an integrated marketing campaign that included both print media and digital strategies. The entire campaign was based on the client’s three key principles—relationships, quality and service.
To communicate this message, we wrote text that focused on over fifty years of name recognition of the principal founder. A name that has built relationships, exemplified quality and stood the test of time.
We developed a series of print ads built around relationships, which was followed by one that demonstrated their rapid growth with the recent opening of a third manufacturing plant, which complemented their existing facilities in Hockley, TX and Hueytown, near Birmingham, AL. The call to action was to drive traffic to their Web site.
The new website, also developed by us shows different building types, framing systems and components. The site offers easy 1-click access to relevant content.
A full color product catalog and other collateral materials were created for the sales team. A comprehensive components catalog with CAD drawings and pricing information was produced for both print and posting to the site. The full campaign included:
- Print ads in trade journals
- Redesigned Web site that is continually updated
- Full color Product Catalog
- Product specific collateral
- Components catalog and price book with CAD drawings
- We created a new ad campaign to celebrate the company’s 10 Year Anniversary
- Recently launched a redesigned mobile responsive site with new content
- A dedicated section for Architects with standard steel details
- Easier and quicker method for contacting a SBS building expert to start the process of receiving a firm quote
- The company achieved their highest YTD shipment of $145 million in 2014. See company history for other milestones.